Re: How to Convert Oracle dbf to dBase dbf

From: John Hough <q6y_at_ornl.gov>
Date: 1997/03/26

Aibek Musaev wrote:

> I have Oracle .dbf files. Is there any converter of Oracle .dbf files to
> other databases files, like dBase (dbf), FoxPro (dbf), MS Access (mdb)?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> ______________________
> Aibek M. Musaev
> 324396 GA Tech Station
> Atlanta, Georgia 30332
> e-mail:
> abbey_at_cc.gatech.edu
> phone: (404)206-4515
> url:
> http://aibek.gt.ed.net

> Quote of the week:
>
> The Airplane Law:
> When the plane you are on is late, the plane you
> want to transfer to is on time.

Aibek:

An oracle dbf file is a file that represents part of a tablespace. It can contain many tables, and indexes. I do not believe it can be transferred to another format because all of the information that describes what is in the tablespace is stored in the system.dbf file.

John Hough Received on Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST