How to Get Full Error Message after Compile Error?

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_acpub.duke.edu>
Date: 1997/03/26

I think this must be a no-brainer, but it's got me puzzled. After I get a compile error on a package or stored procedure, I do "select * from all_errors" to see what went wrong. Typically I get output as follows:

start of example output>>

OWNER                          NAME                           TYPE         SEQUE
------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------ -----
NCE   LINE       POSITION   TEXT
----- ---------- ---------- ----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------
CCC                            X1CHILD                        PROCEDURE
    1          4         10 PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol ">" when expecting
 one of the following:
CCC                            X1CHILD                        PROCEDURE
    2          6          3 PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "ORDER" when expec
ting one of the following:

>>end of example output

It seems like the error message is getting truncated. Is there some way to get a more complete error message? In many cases, it would really help to know what the compiler was expecting.

Many thanks to anyone who can clear this up.

Gene Hubert
Duke University Received on Wed Mar 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST