Re: ODBC Driver for SUN/Solaris

From: Dave Andreasen <dandreas_at_yorkconsulting.com>
Date: 1997/03/26

In article <3337EE7A.6B3F_at_gfs.com>, pwhitcomb_at_gfs.com wrote:

> We are doing some testing with JDBC on a SUN/Solaris box (this is the
> middle tier). We need to find an odbc driver for this machine in order
> to complete the connection to Oracle. I called Oracle, and they claim
> that they only have drivers for the Windows platforms. I would
> appreciate any information I can get.
> Thanks.
> Phil Whitcomb, pwhitcomb_at_gfs.com

I would eliminate the ODBC layer altogether. If you are doing some testing you probably can get an evaluation copy of a pure Java-based JDBC driver. You want either a type 3 or type 4 JDBC driver for Oracle.

The following companies have Type 3 JDBC drivers for Oracle on Solaris.

  WebLogic      www.weblogic.com
  OpenLink      www.openlinksw.com
  Symantec      www.symantec.com

There are many other companies that are selling Oracle JDBC drivers listed at http://splash.javasoft.com/jdbc/jdbc.drivers.html