Re: Oracle Paralle Server

From: Michael Sevy <michael_at_datatools.com>
Date: 1997/03/26

Mr. Wade,

If Vantive uses the database to store the application`s GUI metadata, then OPS might not be a good option. I believe this because all users accessing the database via Vantive will be competing for the same Vantive information and this most likely lead to excessive pinging of the database (even though each user might be accessing "business data" separate from each business group). This is the reason why Oracle Finanicials is (currently) is NOT a good candidate for OPS.

Just my $.02 worth. I personally don't have much OPS experience, just reading and some classes to determine if it was feaisable to implement.

-Michael Sevy