Re: db Tuning .... what do these statistics mean?

From: Francisco C P de Almeida <piragibe_at_esquadro.com.br>
Date: 1997/03/26

I don't have a feeling for the other numbers, but your RECURSIVE CALLs figures seem too high to me. These, as you might've already known, are calls that ORACLE places on itself, while querying its own dictionary data tables and views to retrieve, among other things, information on your

tables, column definitions and other objects. You can bring recursive calls
down by enlarging your SHARED_POOL_SIZE init.ora parameter, if you're
running ORACLE 7, or by increasing the DC_... parameters (DC stands for
dictionary cache), if you're still running ORACLE 6.

Such high values for RECURSIVE CALLs may substantially degrade performance.

--
Francisco C P de Almeida, consultor
Tel: 55-21-5125064

doid <doid_at_usa.net> escreveu no artigo <3332EF2F.7B7C_at_usa.net>...