Re: #### SOS - DATABASE HANG UP DURING IMPORT ####

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/03/26

Arkusa GbR <arkusa_at_t-online.de> wrote in article <5gmu27$nas_at_news00.btx.dtag.de>...
> When we use SQL-Loader and import tables, suddenly the system hangs up
> with a clack-clack noise on the harddisk which comes very exactly every
> second. When we try to shutdown the database with normal shutdown, the
> svrmgr hangs waiting. We have to use another window to start the svrmgr
> again and with shutdown abort we succeed. But this is not the normal way
> to end. All client processes SQLPLUS or WORKSHEET hang up as well.

Please supply more info such as the SQL*Loader control parameters, data dictionary info on the table you're loading into (e.g. extents), tablespace filenames and so on.

Also make sure it's not a hard disk/SCSI error - check the NT eventlog and SCSI applet in Control Panel for details. Also use NT's Disk Administrator to make sure the disk configs are ok. And you may also want to run Intel's Plug and Play Configuration Manager in DOS to make sure the the PNP BIOS is configured
properly - it's simpler than to try it in NT as NT does not fully suport pnp.

BTW, what SCSI controller card are you using and what's the version and build number of the version of NT that you're running?

--
regards,
Billy