Re: How to debug PACKAGES ?

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/03/25

Eric Friedman wrote:

> Business Information Services wrote:
>
> In article <01bc3808$a9514260$7c3cf1cf_at_Prindner>, rindner_at_wwa.com
> says...
> > Hi, Robert
> >
> > I can only add to that there few PL/SQL debuggers available on the
 USA
> > market. Compuware, Inc has PL/Edge, PLATINUM has SQL/Station, and
 you can
> > find few more in the ORACLE magazine.
> > Good Luck
> >

> The cheapest way is to use the dbms_output package.
>
> I recently glanced at a mag. with info. on an Oracle tool called
> "Procedure Builder". It seemed to suggest that you could use a
> PL/SQL
> interpreter during development. This means you could set breakpoints
> etc.
>
> Has anyone experienced this Oracle development tool and found out
> whether
> it is actually useful? :-)
>
> Regards,
> Rowan McCammon.
> --
> Business Information Services
> (For more information call Brad Deveson)
>
> Tel: (02) 9387-2509 (Australia)
> Fax: (02) 9369-3840 (Australia)
> mailto:email_at_bisinfo.com.au
> http://www.bisinfo.com.au
>
> I installed a Procedure Builder a few weeks ago. The version we have
> only supports PL/SQL version 1. I uninstalled it right away; most of my
> packages use the newer features.
>
> This may not have been the most recent version.
>
> Eric Friedman

The word is that the upcoming Developer/2000 2.0 Procedure Builder will support PL/SQL 2.3 and be able to debug stored procedures.

Cheers,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"