Re: How to debug PACKAGES ?

From: Eric Friedman <eric.friedman_at_turner.com>
Date: 1997/03/25

Business Information Services wrote:

  In article <01bc3808$a9514260$7c3cf1cf_at_Prindner>, rindner_at_wwa.com   says...
> Hi, Robert
>
> I can only add to that there few PL/SQL debuggers available on the
 USA
> market. Compuware, Inc has PL/Edge, PLATINUM has SQL/Station, and
 you can
> find few more in the ORACLE magazine.
> Good Luck

  The cheapest way is to use the dbms_output package.

  I recently glanced at a mag. with info. on an Oracle tool called   "Procedure Builder". It seemed to suggest that you could use a   PL/SQL
  interpreter during development. This means you could set breakpoints   etc.

  Has anyone experienced this Oracle development tool and found out   whether
  it is actually useful? :-)

  Regards,
  Rowan McCammon.
  --
  Business Information Services
  (For more information call Brad Deveson)

  Tel: (02) 9387-2509 (Australia)
  Fax: (02) 9369-3840 (Australia)
  mailto:email_at_bisinfo.com.au
  http://www.bisinfo.com.au

I installed a Procedure Builder a few weeks ago. The version we have only supports PL/SQL version 1. I uninstalled it right away; most of my packages use the newer features.

This may not have been the most recent version.

Eric Friedman Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST