Re: select for update on 7.3.2

From: James Powrie <jp_at_manip.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/25

netac wrote:

> Foo Jee Ming wrote:
> >
> > James Powrie (jp_at_manip.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> > >: Has anyone experienced a problem with 'select for update' queries on
> > >: 7.3.2. We are

> In 7.3.2.1 (Solaris), select for updates would corrupt data read from
> tables which contained LONG fields (the data in the LONG was corrupted).
> We are waiting for 7.3.3

Oracle are aware of a bug with select for update on 7.3.2. I am waiting for them to analyze my trace dumps to see if this is the bug that is causing my problems. If so, it look as if I need an upgrade AND a patch. The bug should be fixed in 7.3.4.

James Powrie Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST