Re: Export Problem

From: Chris Hamilton <chrish_at_cmprime.att.com>
Date: 1997/03/25

Michael Fleck <Z136104_at_mail.lvr.de> wrote . . .

> I installed Oracle Tools for WINNT 7.3.2.2. When I tried to use the
> Datamanager Tools with Export, I got an error ORA-00942 and EXP-00018 for

> the execution. The RDBMS is at level 7.1.4. Do I have to run CATEXP.SQL
> for this database before trying the export ?

There is a difference in the views used by the 7.3 version of Export that makes it incompatible with 7.2 and lower databases. As I recall, there was some kind of hack that I got from Oracle support last year that fixed it. You had to edit some of the decode statements in the export view creation scripts. (that was at my old job and I don't have the exact info anymore)

Call Oracle support - they'll probably be able to dig up the answer.

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- chrish_at_cmprime.att.com DBA, AT&T WorldNet Service - Lincroft, NJ http://www.serve.com/cowpb/chamilton.html Received on Tue Mar 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST