Star Query

From: Angie Eddy <aeddy_at_westpub.com>
Date: 1997/03/24

Do any of you highly-experienced Oracle users have any information to share about Oracle's star query (v 7.3)? I understand the basics of how it's supposed to work. I'm just wondering if it works WELL for large tables ... especially large dimension tables. And how often do you have to give the optimizer a hint before it will recognize a star?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Angie Eddy
Lead Database Analyst
West Group