PROBLEM : upgrading 7.3.2.1 on Solaris 2.5 to 7.3.2.3

From: Krishnan Ranganathan <kaa_at_criinc.com>
Date: 1997/03/24

Hi!

I upgraded the oracle server from 7.3.2.1 from 7.3.2.3. and I re-linked product executables manually using the oracle installer. Now when I try to start the instance, it fails with the message :

ORA-7310 :smscre : Unable to create SGA
Additional information : 8

The action in the manual says I have to re-configure the unix kernel to fit the SGA in one block. I guess the shmmax paramter has be increased. Do anyone of you
know what are the system parameters to be setup for the 7.3.2.3 server. Here are the /etc/system parameters.What do I change in this and re-start the system.It is urgent, as I am not able to proceed.

My /etc/system parameters :

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=70

Thanks& Regards
Krishnan Received on Mon Mar 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST