Re: 7.3 Workgroup For NT rollback segs

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/24

Kelly Vogel wrote:

> I just loaded 7.3.2.1 workgroup server for NT 3.51 and it created 16
> rollback segments in addition to the system rbs. Some of these are on
> line some are off line. I think each was about 10 k in size and they are
> all in the same tablespace. This never happend when I loaded my unix
> machines with the "regular" server.
> Is this a workgroup server thing an NT thing or what ?
> Is it a "default" or is it that way for a reason. ?
>
> If you can help , please reply to my work address.
>
> thanks
> vogelkj_at_fafb.af.mil
> kelly

All those RB segments - that's just the way Oracle installs on NT. IMHO you are better of not installing the demo DB and just building a DB from scratch of your own specifications. However, if you do want to retain the default DB, just drop the rollback segments you don't need. Make sure you monitor and tune your DB to get the appropriate size/number of actually RB segments needed for your DB.

Steve Phelan. Received on Mon Mar 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST