Oracle on Unix or NT?

From: Tae Ho Yum <tyum_at_Hawaii.Edu>
Date: 1997/03/23

Hello all,

I am considering two different platforms for an Oracle back end.

  1. Multiprocessor Pentium Pro running NT.
  2. Sun SuperSparc running Solaris 2.5.

The points I am considering are reliability, cost, and speed in that order. The server will have heavy use so speed is important, but not as much as reliability because any downtime will be very expensive.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
I can supply more information as needed.

tae Received on Sun Mar 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST