Re: Replication error 100

From: Luis Santos <lsantos_at_pobox.com>
Date: 1997/03/23

yimfam_at_pc.jaring.my (B.Yim) wrote:

> We have implemented multi-masters symmetric replication, however
> updates is only from one direction, from the master definition
> site A to site B.
>
> At site B sys.deferrors shows that there are deferred calls error. The
>
> error number is 100, but the error_msg shows "ORA-1043 No data found".
>
> The errors are generated by replication update procedures, i.e
> table_name$rp.rep_update. On analysis of the arguments, I have
> determined that all the rows in that are to be updated, but failed
> with this error, does exist at site B. So why doesn't replication
> applies the update? Anyone encountered such errors before? Is there a
> bug?

        I have got the same errors, but when I tried to make a conflict update. I have done two conflict updates, one in each site, and commit both.

        The two transaction gone to the error queue, with the ORA-1043. I have opened a TAR in Oracle support.

        My environment is: Oracle 7.3.2.2.0 in Digital Unix 4.0a. Which are yours?

        Regards,

--
Luis Santos
Relacional Consultoria