Re: Oracle 7.3 and Delphi 2 under Netware 3.12: So close, yet so far...

From: Christian Kaas <c.kaas_at_osn.de>
Date: 1997/03/22

That error indicates a call to oracle's call interface when no valid connection is available !
does sql*plus work !?
are you using sql*net v1 or 2 spx/ipx protocol ?!

On 21 Mar 1997 11:35:56 GMT, "Hossein Jelveh" <sia_at_siaspa.com> wrote:

>We're trying to get a decent connection between our Oracle 7.3 server and
>Delphi 2.01 clients, but are confronted with rather strange problems. The
>problem is observed when want to use the Database Desktop to read a table
>on the server. It connects just fine, but when it is about to open the
>table, it comes up the error:
>
>ORA-03114 Error while trying to get text for error.
>
>I looked up the manuals and it just doesn't make any sense at all, because
>the above error code corresponds to a case where there is no connection
>between the server and the client. Can't be true, since I manage to see the
>tables using Oracle's tools, and even under Delphi, using a table component
>and a DBGrid!!
>
>I would be grateful if anyone could assist us in this problem.
>
>Hossein.
>PS. Vendor DLL: ORA73.DLL (have even tried ORA72.DLL). TNSNAMES.ORA is also
>properly set up. The server runs under Novell Netware 3.12 (all patches
>have also been applied).

Christian Kaas
Client/Server development and consulting Fax. 49-9129-5518
Phone 49-9129-5508 Received on Sat Mar 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST