Re: des2000/reverse engineer

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/03/22

Most likely is that you are not filling in the remote user name, password and connect string combination in the dialog correctly.

Note that the "object Owner" need not be the same as the "Remote User Name", but if they are different, the "Object Owner" must have granted access to the "Remote User Name".

Paul LaBarbera <labarber_at_attmail.com> wrote:

>I am trying to do a reverse engineer database from designer 2000
>and keep getting the following message:
>
> ORA-12154 TNS: Could not resolve service name
>
> I have however, forward engineered by creating DDLs, linking
>my database and running them, thus creating new tables.
>
> My tnsnames.ora is set up properly and forward engineering and
>sqlplus on the pc all work and recognize the TNS name.
>
> Does anyone out there know why the reverse engineer process
>can not
>resolve the TNS name ?
>
> Paul LaBarbera
> Oracle DBA
> AT&T
> Short Hills, NJ
> labarber_at_attmail.com

-JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old County Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 415-571-7092, FAX: 800-665-1379 CompuServe: 76702,456  Internet: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com     Received on Sat Mar 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST