Re: JPEG pictures in my base

From: Ken <ken_at_fifthd.ca>
Date: 1997/03/21

On 19 Mar 1997 09:59:19 GMT, "Andrey A. Efimov" <efa_at_leaves.spb.su> wrote:

>> I want to store JPEG pictures or binary files in my base.
>>
>> I think I've to use the RAW or LONGRAW type but how ???
>>
>> Is there specials functions for that ???
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Olivier.

Just a hint about using long raw data types in a table. Once you add this type of column you restrict how you can manipulate the table and its records.

You ar far better off building a separate table that contains the long raw and a forgein key to the parent table.

ken. Received on Fri Mar 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST