TPC benchmarks anyone???

From: Jeff Cowan <jcowan#_at_bearriver.com>
Date: 1997/03/21

Hello,

I'm doing some research for a web/database integration project on the performance characteristics of certain important software pieces (i.e. the web server and the database). I've been able to find adequate information about web server performance for the target platform (an Apple Network Server 700/200 running AIX 4.1.x. This is a PPC 604 platform.) but I'm having a hard time tracking down transaction load characteristics for Oracle7 Workgroup and Enterprise servers for this platform. I understand that each platform and environment will turn in different numbers, but I need to be able to ensure that there is some minimum number of transactions that I can hit the database with from the web applications, so that I don't bottleneck the system too bad at the database end.

I apologize if this message is off topic for this group. I don't have anything close to a full group list on our news server, and this was the closest I could find. Also, please follow up by email as well, as our server feed is flaky. Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had several weeks too this kind of research myself, but alas, I do not.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

--
Jeff Cowan
jcowan#@bearriver.com (remove the # for email replies)

* SPAMMERS, BEWARE * Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227, any and all unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US. E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.