Re: Input Blob in OCI ?

From: James Chen <james_at_iweave.com>
Date: 1997/03/21

James Chen wrote:
> By peeking the ociapr.h file (distributed with Oracle/Unix), I
> found that there are four functions seemingly related:
>
> obindps(struct cda_def *cursor, ub1 opcode, text *sqlvar,
> sb4 sqlvl, ub1 *pvctx, sb4 progvl,
> sword ftype, sword scale,
> sb2 *indp, ub2 *alen, ub2 *arcode,
> sb4 pv_skip, sb4 ind_skip, sb4 alen_skip, sb4 rc_skip,
> ub4 maxsiz, ub4 *cursiz,
> text *fmt, sb4 fmtl, sword fmtt);
>
> odefinps(struct cda_def *cursor, ub1 opcode, sword pos,
> ub1 *bufctx,
> sb4 bufl, sword ftype, sword scale,
> sb2 *indp, text *fmt, sb4 fmtl, sword fmtt,
> ub2 *rlen, ub2 *rcode,
> sb4 pv_skip, sb4 ind_skip, sb4 alen_skip, sb4 rc_skip);
>
> ogetpi(struct cda_def* cursor, ub1* piecep, dvoid** ctxpp,
> ub4* iterp, ub4* indexp);
>
> osetpi(struct cda_def* cursor, ub1 piece, dvoid* bufp,
> ub4* lenp);

I was right. Those four new OCI functions are exactly for blob (or piece-wise in Oracle's term) operations introduced since 7.3.

I have installed Oracle's online-documentation on a Window's box. Now I can enjoy reading the nice and lengthy Acrobatic documentation ;)

--
James Chen,	at Interweave Software, Inc.
james_at_iweave.com