Re: 7.3 Workgroup For NT rollback segs

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_iac.net>
Date: 1997/03/21

Kelly Vogel <vogelkj_at_pcisys.net> wrote:

>I just loaded 7.3.2.1 workgroup server for NT 3.51 and it created 16
>rollback segments in addition to the system rbs. Some of these are on
>line some are off line. I think each was about 10 k in size and they are
>all in the same tablespace. This never happend when I loaded my unix
>machines with the "regular" server.
>Is this a workgroup server thing an NT thing or what ?
>Is it a "default" or is it that way for a reason. ?

>If you can help , please reply to my work address.

>thanks
>vogelkj_at_fafb.af.mil
>kelly

Oracle does this if you tell it to create a starter database, which is the default. You can add/modify/delete any part of the database (except the system stuff, of course) as needed.

Because it takes so long to reconfigure it, I seldom create the starter database. I prefer to issue the CREATE DATABASE statement myself.

--
Mark Wagoner
mwagoner_at_iac.net