Re: Using FORMS4.5 over modem connection

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/20

malh1156_at_aol.com (Malh1156) wrote:

> Hi,
> My boss wants to use Oracle Forms via Dial In connection. His
> laptop is running
> Windows 95, and Oracle Server is a Solaris 2.4 Box. his box is
> configured so that he can connect using over TCP/IP. What are my
> choices ? I would naturally prefer one requiring least work. Thanks
> in advance. Rajiv

There are two approaches:

  1. Buy LapLink and remotely operate a PC at work that executes FORMS designer or runtime and simply forwards the resulting screens to the PC at home.
  2. Define the remote database in your remote PC and run FORMS locally
  3. may have an advantage over 2) if you need to access the database a lot. Otherwise, you may find performance to be similar.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Thu Mar 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST