Re: Oracle for Linux

From: Ian Parkin <twod_at_roxy.sfo.com>
Date: 1997/03/20

Atif Ahmad Khan (aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu) wrote:
: Now please give me one reason why you would NOT use Linux. If you have
: not used Linux yourself then you are not qualified to answer. Infact if

Heading back to the original question that was posed:

I need to run the Oracle RDBMS and Oracle does not support it s/w running on a Linux platform.

: you have not used Linux then you should keep yourself from commenting on
: it, just to save yourself from humiliation. I usually dont talk about
: stuff that I know nothing about.

I have used Linux from MCC 0.8 -> Slackware 96; I got the SCO production release of the 7.3.2 RDBMS running under iBCS emulation; `uname -a` reads : "SunOS wallaceII 5.5.1 Generic i86pc i386 i86pc".

IAP Received on Thu Mar 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST