Re: Request : Batchjob sceduler for Oracle server7.3 on NT

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/03/20

C. Mayol wrote:

> SoftBASE A/S wrote:
> > I am in desperate need of a Batchjob sceduler for Oracle server7.3 on
> > Windows NT4.0.
> > This sceduler should be able to start large reports and stored
> > procedures,
> > possibly with a queue facility.
> > I know that Oracle Enterprise Manager have this function, but i am not
> > sure that they support it for Windows NT4.0.
>
> Oracle Enterprise Manager is supported on NT 4 platforms now. It would
> do what you wish to do very nicely. You will need to make sure that you
> have the latest version of Oracle and the latest version of OEM. We have
> installed and used it on an NT 4 server and clients.
>
> Chris Mayol
> Fairfax Solutions Corp
> Fairfax, Va. 22030-5708
> cmayol_at_erols.com

How did you manage to get it to work? There's so many bugs and limitations that I gave up. Eg:

After these problems (all except the last one confirmed with Oracle Support) I gave up on the product.

Cheers,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"