Re: CREATE PROFILE

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/20

The problem is with the way ORACLE implements the IDLE_TIME facility. Basically it will only kill your connection if you have been idle greater than the IDLE_TIME setting the next time you try and interact with the database - neat huh ? Talk about taking your ball home !

Subject: CREATE PROFILE
From: Richard Hennessy <rhennessy_at_becker-software.com> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:58:49 +0100

Hi,

I have a problem with IDLE_TIME.

I created a PROFILE with an IDLE_TIME specification of 2 (minutes) and created a user with this profile.
I logged on using the new user and deleted rows from a table, then I turned my pc off (I know, I know, but it´s only a test !!) my session was INACTIVE but the locks on the table were still there even after two hours !! Am I misunderstanding the meaning IDLE_TIME or is there something else wrong ? At what stage, if any, does Oracle realise my session is dead and is not going to come back to life ??

Anyone got any ideas ?

TIA
Richard Hennessy
Becker Software, Wiesbaden

Oracle runs on HP-UX, client is windows PC via TCP/IP. Received on Thu Mar 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CST