Single vs. Multiple instances: Comments?

From: Dana Stockler <stockler_at_ingdata.no>
Date: 1997/03/19

Would anyone care to comment on the relative pros and cons of having a single database instance contra having multiple instances in the same machine?

We are running two production database servers (NT 3.51/Oracle 7.3). I would be interested in any real-world experience concerning this question.

-
Dana Received on Wed Mar 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST