Re: Excel macro to put a spreadsheet into an sql type INSERT INTO TABLE VALUES script

From: LizRHW <lizrhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/19

Yes you can do that; it is a bit tedious... create a cell with a formula

'insert into <your table> values ('''+ cell references etc+');'

I don't recall off hand what is the concatenation operator in Excel; and it is a little fussy about its quotes. You might also need to convert numbers to strings etc.

I have a spreadsheet at work that I did this a few weeks ago. I will try and email you a row or two tomorrow.

Dan Received on Wed Mar 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST