Oracle Web Listener 1.01 sporadic errors

From: Steven J. Carrola <scarrola_at_mailsrvr.bussvc.wisc.edu>
Date: 1997/03/18

We've been getting an intermittent error using the Oracle Web Listener 1.01 with Oracle 7.3.2 for AIX.

In the web agent error log, we sometimes see errors like:

OWS-05101: Agent : execution failed due to Oracle error 6550
ORA-06550: line 1, column 77:
PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'ADDLINFOMULT'
ORA-06550: line 1, column 77:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

and then just a few minutes later, the exact same stored procedure will execute without producing any errors at all. This happens on the order of maybe six times a day, when we experience about 80 different users with a total of from 400 to 900 page accesses per day. This error occurs with most of our web-enabled stored procedures. I know that at least one of these errors occurred while the database (OLAP) was extremely busy, but I can't confirm that all of the errors happened during a busy time.

Does anyone know if this is this a known bug, and if so if it is fixed in the current release of the Oracle Web Server?

Thanks.

Steven J. Carrola Business Services University of Wisconsin - Madison 750 Univeristy Ave. Room 407 Madison, WI 53706-1411 scarrola_at_bussvc.wisc.edu