Re: Rebuilding an index

From: Bob Morrison <rmorrison_at_cahners.com>
Date: 1997/03/18

Carlos A. Gonzalez wrote:

> Gentlemen:
>
> Here is my situation
>
> I have a badly fragmented INDEX object
>
> I am going to drop it
> I am going to recreate it using one single extent (storage INITIAL ????)
>
> My question is :
>
> How do I go about finding how big to make this first INITIAL extent ??
> Are there any other implications, such as enough space in the TABLESPACE ??
>
> Thank you
>
> Carlos

The easiest way is to perform an export with compress = yes and data = no. Then do an import with indexfile = {a file name}. This will create a file with the sql statements required to rebuild you indexes. You will need to edit the file or drop the indexes manually before running the script.

Hope this helps.

Bob Morrison Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST