Column security

From: Debor19071 <debor19071_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/18

We have an application where we need to implement not only row-level security but column-level security. We have implemented now a row-level security by creating a table with a userid, and segment # which relates to an area of business they have access to. All the views join to the security table based on the userid logged in at the time - so only rows that meet the join of userid, & segment with the application tables are returned..

There is a requirement now to do this sort of thing with columns (not just rows). How best & simplest (other than just defining a view for every type of column access & creating an infinitely large amount of queries around it) could this be accomplished?

Thank you so much for your insights.

Please respond to deborah_dawicki_at_mcgraw-hill.com Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST