NT HELP!! I keep bringing up the wrong database! password and init.ora files

From: <mdlarson_at_mail.uccs.edu>
Date: 1997/03/18

I have two questions concerning ORACLE on NT 1) When I issue a startup command from svrmgr it only brings up the default db. However, it will bring up the appropriate db when I use the pfile option. I've tried setting the instance with "set instance matt" (matt is my sid). But it still brings up the wrong db. I know in UNIX it will bring up the database that is specified in the ORACLE_SID parameter at the UNIX level.

2) After running orapwd, a password file is created. How do you get the db to recognize this new file. Is this a setting in the init.ora file? Can I have different instances using different files?

Thanks,
Matt Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST