Q: how to browse DB via Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 beta via a non-admin listener?

From: htchen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/03/18

Hi. I have just installed Oracle Web Application Server 3.0 beta that connects to an Oracle 7.3.2 DB for Solaris 2.5.1 on a Sparc10. I have two Web listeners called admin and wblsn1. The admin listener is on port 8888 and the wblsn1 listener is on port 15000. Using a Netscape browser, I looked into a test database by clicking on the DB icon, which has the corresponding URL:
http://dbserver:8888/owa_dba/owa/browse.intro. I can browse through the various options available to look at the database.

After testing the admin listener, I then connected to the Web server via port 15000 and clicked on the same DB icon to browse the database (URL is http://dbserver:15000/owa_dba/owa/browse.intro). I get an username/password prompt in which I entered the admin user and its password. However, after clicking OK, I just hang there without any response. Moreover, I noticed on the Sparc10 that my CPU load jumped to 50% usage. After waiting for more than 5 minutes, I stopped my Netscape browser.

Does anyone why this is happening and how to resolve it?

My theory is that perhaps I am missing a virtual path/directory mapping; but, I can not determine, from looking at the admin listener's configuration, what mapping to create.

I appreciate any help/suggestions.

Thanks a lot,
Henry Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST