Re: Calculating Index space

From: Marc <marcm_at_computek.net>
Date: 1997/03/18

JP Soria wrote:

> Does anyone have a script that calculates Index space. We run a
> datawarehouse shop and want to run this calculation.
> --
> JP Soria
> Jr. Oracle7 DBA
> Email: jpsoria_at_saxe.com
> "Failing to plan = planning to fail"

We have several scripts for calculating space for index and tables. The two reports listed in the scripts 'dba_rpt' are lstdbsz7 and dbszv7 Each of the use slightly different approaches: statistics from the analyze command , and the formula in the DBA Handbook.

The scripts may be downloaded from http://dbghome.computek.net

--