Re: Oracle for Linux

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/03/18

Bram Schiltmans <bmschilt_at_worldaccess.nl> writes:

>I know some people (including someone at ORACLE) who tried to run the
>SCO version on LINUX. And they weren't all that negative about it. So
>you could give that a try. Not sure how well it will work though.

Its a hack. And an ugly one at that. The cookbook is for an older release of Oracle, not sure if it would work for the newer one. This makes it even more uglier. Getting the SCO binariess needed for this cookbook is not easy either. I haven't tried SCO. From what I hear its really ugly. Bringing in binaries from an ugly OS would make this whole thing super-ugly :)

It seems it would easier and cleaner and nicer if Oracle would compile Oracle for Linux. Everybody would live happily ever after :)

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST