Re: Oracle equivalent of extended stored procedures?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/17

Gilles Pétrin wrote:

> Contrary to Sybase and SQL Server, Oracle is NOT AN OPEN environment.
>
> You cannot talk to the outside world from inside a database trigger,
> stored procedure, database package, etc. in Oracle.
>
> Gilles

But this will change with Oracle 8 and cartridges. Also, I belive NCA (and no, I don't mean just the NC, I mean NCA) will make Oracle THE most OPEN database environment around.

And as for Sybase and SQL Server being OPEN. Dream, dream, dream...

Steve Phelan. Received on Mon Mar 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST