Re: How to deny a SQL-NET access by domain name or IP address?

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/03/16

Pao Wan wrote:

> I will put a web server online which fetch data from another Oracle server,
> but I want the Oracle server only accept request from my web server. How can
> config the Oracle server to do this?

  You can set it in the PROTOCOL.ORA.
  tcp.invited_nodes = {webserver_ipaddress)

  By setting this parameter, you can exclude others except webserver_ipaddress.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.