Re: UTL_FILE usage in NetWare

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/03/16

Marcus Spurkel wrote:

> We're running Oracle 7.3.2.1.1 for NetWare and I'm trying to use the
> UTL_FILE package that comes with PL/SQL. My problem is that I can't
> get FOPEN to accept my path parameter. I always get an INVALID_PATH
> exception. The manuals mention that a UTL_FILE_DIR parameter must
> be used in the INIT%SID%.ORA file in order for Oracle to see the
> path and allow writing to it, but the only example they list is for
> UNIX. How would this work under NetWare? Won't I need a username
> and password to access any outside servers/volumes, including the SYS:
> volume on the Oracle server itself? And once that's done, what is
> the standard for specifying DOS/NetWare paths in the FOPEN function?

  You should check with the access rights to specified volume when you use FOPEN to open the file and get a file handler.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.