Re: Oracle for Linux

From: Jan Ekholm INF <jekholm_at_news.abo.fi>
Date: 1997/03/16

Rich Headrick (rheadric_at_macromedia.com) wrote:
: Ok fine, you not poor, but how intelligent of a business decision could
: this be? I'd never pick linux as the platform for my business apps.
: Are you a student or something?

Without starting a war or something I'd like to say that I'd like MY business applications to run on a Linux. If the alternative is somw version of Windows, it will most likely crash in the middle of some important database updates, insertions... I think Linux would be a very good platform to run an Oracle server on. It's cheap, runs well (better than most Unices and better than all MS-whatever products). All databases aren't huge, and those smaller ones would perform really well on a Linux box, but unfortunately they are too often run on NT boxes, which is begging for trouble.

Just my point of view. And yes, I am a student. Anything wrong with that?

        Chakie, happy Linux user
 --

  Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm   |  CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland