Re: trace SQL

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/15

First type
desc plan_table
if you get 'table or view does not exist' then contact your DBA and ask him to run the utlxplan script from the <ORACLE_HOME>/rdbms/admin directory. Once this has been done you can the use explain plan to give you the info. you require

The syntax is
explain plan set statement_id = 'string identifier' for <sql statement>

This will respond with
Explained.

You can then examine the execution plan by querying plan_table. Check out the ORACLE documentation for more details I think it may be either the Tuning or Application Developers guide that documents the use of explain plan. If you have any queries mail me.

Rob

Subject: trace SQL
From: Papadomichelakis John <michelos_at_spark.net.gr> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 00:44:29 +0200

Hi.

How can I get some information of the execution plan of a SQL statement?

I want to check if and how my queries take advantage of indexes, keys, etc...

thank you

--
* * * * *  Michelos * * * * * *
 http://spark.net.gr/~michelos