Re: Reorganising a Tablespace

From: Matthew F. Reagan <mreagan_at_fast.net>
Date: 1997/03/15

Mike,

If the objects owned by the four owners exist in this tablespace and only this tablespace, you could use the OWNERS=<lst> option. This will export the objects owned by the four specified users. If they have objects in other tablespaces, the situation gets a bit more complicated. Hopefully, this will address your needs.

How can you tell where an owner's objects reside? Try:

select tablespace_name, segment_type, count(*) from dba_segments
where owner = 'SCOTT'
group by tablespace_name, segment_type

-or-

select owner, tablespace_name, segment_type, count(*) from dba_segments
where owner in ('SCOTT', 'DEMO', 'PO7')
group by owner, tablespace_name, segment_type

Matt...

Matthew F. Reagan <mreagan_at_fast.net>
Manager, Technical Development
Centocor, Inc.

***The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions and have nothing to do with my company. Of course, my opinions usually don't change when I'm at the office...***

Mike R <mriney_at_xdircon.co.uk> wrote in article <5g705e$6g$1_at_newsserver.dircon.co.uk>...