UTL_FILE usage in NetWare

From: Marcus Spurkel <mspurkel_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/03/14

We're running Oracle 7.3.2.1.1 for NetWare and I'm trying to use the UTL_FILE package that comes with PL/SQL. My problem is that I can't get FOPEN to accept my path parameter. I always get an INVALID_PATH exception. The manuals mention that a UTL_FILE_DIR parameter must be used in the INIT%SID%.ORA file in order for Oracle to see the path and allow writing to it, but the only example they list is for UNIX. How would this work under NetWare? Won't I need a username and password to access any outside servers/volumes, including the SYS: volume on the Oracle server itself? And once that's done, what is the standard for specifying DOS/NetWare paths in the FOPEN function?

-Marcus Received on Fri Mar 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST