Re: USE_DIRECT_IO

From: Bob Manieri <bmanieri_at_rosenbluth.com>
Date: 1997/03/14

Varun Seth wrote:

> Greetings Everyone
> Question for the Oracle DBA's ..Am looking for some information on a
> init.ora parameter called USE_DIRECT_IO ... Can somebody explain to me what it
> does or poit in the right direction (ie Manuals/WhitePapers etc)..
> Please send direct email to me and I will summarize the responses for the
> benefit of others
> thanks
> seth

 Do you mean SORT_DIRECT_WRITES? I haven't heard of USE_DIRECT_IO

  Bob Manieri                           email : bmanieri_at_rosenbluth.com
  Database Administrator                voice : (215) 977-4665
  Rosenbluth International              pager : (609) 342-0314
  Business is war....information is the high ground.  - J.Abrahamson
  ... can deprive the enemy of the high ground.       - J. Buford