Re: Oracle equivalent of extended stored procedures?

From: Alexey E. Neckrasow <nec_at_leaves.spb.su>
Date: 1997/03/14

Hi!

I believe there is no way to call executables from a stored procedure. We have to write a daemon (example is in Application Developer's Guide) that listen to a pipe(dbms_pipe package). And from PL/SQL procedure we sends a message to that daemon, so the daemon calls desired executable.

--
Regards. Alexey Neckrasow. Leaves Inc. Russia.
e-mail: nec_at_leaves.spb.su