Re: Oracle on Solaris x86

From: <ywliu_at_beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw>
Date: 1997/03/14

>> As Windows GPFed in '95, I heard Bryan Althaus saying : <<

: : The alternative is to buy a Sun SPARCStation, but an Intel based PC is
: : preferrable.
: :
: : All comments would be greatly appreciated.
: :
: According to the below press release, Oracle Universal Server
: release 7.3.3 was used on Solaris Intel.  Is this the latest version?

: http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/9703/sunflash.970305.1083.html

According to Oracle, Oracle Workgroup Server is available for Solaris x86 and can be purchased directly on-line. But I don't know how good/bad it is. Solaris x86/Oracle combination is a very attractive platform.

--
Yen-Wei Liu
Internet e-mail address:ywliu_at_beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw

The Golden Rules of Bill Gates' :

1. It doesn't have to the best, just the prettiest.
2. If you have a huge following, treat them like lemmings and they will act
   like lemmings.