Re: EBU 2.0.12.4 and Omniback 2.1/HP Unix 10.01

From: Irene Lam <ikflam_at_westpac.com.au>
Date: 1997/03/14

Scott Dravet wrote:

> Irene Lam wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have upgraded EBU to 2.0.12.4 with Oracle upgrade 7.3.2.
> > We try to test omniback 2.1 with the new version of EBU, but failed with
> > error exit code(7). Omniback has drive the tape allocation OK. From the
> > EBU log, it seems that the TNSNAMES is not resolved somehow. We run the
> > /opt/omni/bin/utilns/test_oracle_integration and result shows
> > successful.
> >
> > Someone mentioned that they have similar problem, which Oracle needs to
> > relink EBU to work with Omniback 2.1.
> >
> > I just wonder if anyone has similar problem, and how to get around it??
> >
> > thanks * regards, IL
>
> I had the same thing happen. EBU or Omniback was ignoring my TNS_ADMIN
> environment variable. I had to place a copy of the tnsnames.ora file
> under the same $ORACLE_HOME as the EBU software, in the network/admin
> directory.
>
> Scott

We have similar problem before the upgrade, with EBU v2.0.10. We found there is a module .util in omniback directory and we have specified the TNS_ADMIN there to get around the problem (this is the only way we can think of to get around the problem at that time). Now with the upgrade, we hit this problem, but the TNS_ADMIN in omniback is still valid. I have tried your suggestion, by moving the *.ora file to the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin, but still encountered the same problem. I have started the sqlnet trace, and cannot find any trace entries related to the problem. It doesn't seem that it have even tried to pass through the sqlnet connection??? We have Tar opened with Oracle, but it is not getting anywhere.

IL Received on Fri Mar 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST