Re: Question regarding Oracle backup

From: Geoff Ingram <geoff_at_gvingram.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/14

Zoran wrote:

> I think read consistency would NOT be given across all tables as of the
> start of the export. BUT if I'm wrong, then all the better. Does anyone
> know any better?
>
> Zoran.

I always use consistent=y argument (NB default is n) to make whole export consistent to a point in time. How does this work? Well, if you look at the SQL generated by such an export, a "SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY" is issued at the start. Simple as that.

regards

Geoff Ingram Received on Fri Mar 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CST