loopback connection

From: Carl Van de Casteele <cvandecasteele_at_tis.be>
Date: 1997/03/13

Can somebody help in setting up a 'loopback connection' for testing distributed option with 1 instance and 1 database (selecting something from user2.table in a user1 session).

We tried several statements and got several different error messages :

Database link created.

SQL> select count(*) from fina.skid_at_mydb.world_at_zoeloe; select count(*) from fina.skid_at_mydb.world_at_zoeloe

                               *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-02082: a loopback database link must have a connection qualifier

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-02082: a loopback database link must have a connection qualifier

We have an Oracle 7.3.2.1.1 RDBMS on a Novel Netware 4.1 server.

DB_NAME = mydb
DB_DOMAIN = world
in initora7.ora file

Thanks for all suggestions.

Carl Van de Casteele Received on Thu Mar 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST