Oracle on Solaris x86

From: Alf-Kenneth Aabel <alf-ka_at_online.no>
Date: 1997/03/13

We are in need of a Unix server which can run an Oracle database. In general we are NT based, but since products are usually released earlier on Solaris than NT, a machine running Unix is necessary.

Is this release thing also true for Solaris x86 and in particular for Oracle products on this platform? Is there anybody who are running Oracle on Solaris x86? Is a Pentium 200 MHx with 96 MB memory sufficient (we're not going to have many users, the use is for development)?

The alternative is to buy a Sun SPARCStation, but an Intel based PC is preferrable.

All comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Alf

Name:		Alf-Kenneth Aabel
Title:		Senior Software Engineer