Re: Oracle Password Encryption Algorithm

From: janet <janet_at_telesph.com>
Date: 1997/03/13

RYoung wrote:
> Somewhere recently I saw an article/side bar on how to generate
> 'impossible' Oracle passwords....passwords that did not match the
> encryption algorithm used by Oracle, but which could be 'force fed' into
> the password table. I believe it used something like
>
> alter user xxxx identified by value 'impossible string goes here';
>
> Does this ring a bell with anyone? One of the recent Oramags?

I think you're thinking of "changing a user's password temporarily" at http://165.121.1.131/code/tip10256.html it was oracle's tip of the week on 10/25/96.

if not, i have a couple references to "password" on my oracle page... check it out: http://pages.prodigy.com/janetb/2dba.htm

janet Received on Thu Mar 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CST