Server Gone South

From: Brian Everett <beverett_at_usa.net>
Date: 1997/03/12

    I go this in my email today...

<<<" Ran into a problem with the following configuration:

Sun SPARC 20, 2 CPU's
256 MB memory
Sun Solaris 2.5.1

Oracle 7.3.2.3.0

This application has been running fine for 8 months on a box with only 128 MB of memory. They gave me the new box with more memory and I installed Oracle and migrated the DB (small 100 MB) to the new box. We turned in on this morning and for two hours the application screamed but then everything turned south. Oracle shut itself down, we rebooted, same results. We had to roll the database back to the old/smaller server.

The error that is in all the trace and log files is:

ORA-07445 : exception encountered: Core Dump [] [SIGSEGV] ...

 We rolled the application back to the smaller box and it is running fine. The only variables on the new box are newer version of the OS and Oracle 7.3.2.3.">>>

 Any ideas would be most appreciated.

 Good Luck! Brian Received on Wed Mar 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST